We invite KTU community to register and take a part in EBSCO online training sessions.
- Developing a search strategy with the thesaurus. Session dedicated to searching based on controlled vocabulary from the thesaurus. We will show you the differences in the thesaurus search results compared to using natural language words.
Date: 2nd of June (Wednesday)
Time: 13.00 p.m. ‒ 13.45 p.m.
- Tools and Methods for Preparing World-Class Research Papers. During the training, we will show you the options and functions available on the EBSCOhost platform, which can be especially useful when working on a research paper. We will also cover how scientific publications are built, what types of publications we have, why it is worth publishing in peer-reviewed sources, and how to prepare for research.
Date: 9th of June (Wednesday)
Time: 13.00 p.m. ‒ 14.00 p.m.
- Flipster – an award-winning e-magazine platform. During the training, we will look at Flipster – a tool for browsing and reading digital version of popular magazines.
Date: 10th of June (Thursday)
Time: 11.30 a.m. ‒ 12.00 p.m.
- EBSCO Mobile App. Session dedicated to the new EBSCO mobile application. We will show you how to download, log in and use the application. We will tell you how the application allows you to easily download e-books.
Date: 16nd of June (Wednesday)
Time: 13.00 p.m. ‒ 13.40 p.m.
- Take the e-book on vacation. Practical training dedicated specially to public libraries, during which participants will learn: how to use EBSCO e-books online; how to download full e-books and chapters; how to use e-books on smartphones, tablets and readers; how to download and authorize Adobe Digital Editions.
Date: 17th of June (Thursday)
Time: 11.30 a.m. ‒ 12.30 p.m.
- OnArchitecture: audio-visual archive of architecture online collection. During the session, we will review the OnArchitecture database, which is an important source of audio-visual materials presenting trends in the area of architecture.
Date: 22nd of June (Tuesday)
Time: 12.00 p.m. ‒ 12.20 p.m.