- The University Library is the most important resource of information required for studies and research. There are six libraries at KTU, situated in the city centre and on the student campus.
- All KTU libraries are open to the public. The rules and regulations of the University Library apply to the library visitor/user according to his/her status: a student, a University’s employee or a member of the general public.
The Student Card
- The students can use the Lithuanian Student Identity Cards (LSIC) and the International Student Identity Cards (ISIC) (hereinafter — Student Card) as library cards. All other Library users are required to present a passport or a (personal) identity card. The Student Card is a valid document. The borrowers are responsible for all the loans made with their Student Card until the loans are returned. The loss of the Student‘s Card must be reported immediately to the University Library, and the Student Card will then be blocked.
- All borrowers must use their Student Card/Identity Card each time a loan is made.
Loans and Reservations
- Most of the latest (recent) items are freely accessible on open shelves. The University’s students and employees can borrow (or book for later usage) books and other items from the Library’s collection. Before the borrowing, the users have to order items from the Library Catalogue or book them at KTU virtual library. The loans should be registered at the information desk. The borrowers must treat the property of the Library with care and protect it from damage.
- The loan period for the course books varies from 7 days to 6 months.
- For other items, it may range from 1 to 30 days.
- All borrowed items must be returned before the end of the loan period. Knowing when the Library’s items are due, and returning or renewing the loans on time is the borrower’s responsibility.
Renewal of Loans
- The loans can be renewed if the item has not been reserved by another person and your debt does not exceed 5 EUR.
- The renewals can be made via the catalogue or KTU virtual library’s website; you can also renew your loan by telephone or visit your nearest library information desk.
Items not to be borrowed
- The following items cannot be borrowed from the Library: reference literature, journals, daily newspapers, official statistics, dissertations and their summaries, old items and literature which is necessary for study and research at the Library.
Overdue Items (loans)
- When the loan period has ended you will receive an e-mail from the Library reminding that you should renew or return the loan. If you fail to do this you will be charged a fee of 0.10 EUR per day for one overdue item.
- For the payment voucher, please telephone, email or visit your nearest library information desk. Students can also ask the Library to form the payment voucher via AIS (Academic Information System).